Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Gratitude 6/13/07

Some things I am grateful for today:

1) I had a light day today, which I needed. It's good to have some down time when things are rough.

2) I am grateful for my (newish) friend Susan.

3) I am grateful for old episodes of The West Wing. I own all seven seasons, but the first four are especially good medicine when I am down. They both make me laugh (and laughter is the best medicine) and inspire me.

4) And finally, I am grateful for a friend who wrote to me last night to let me know that my gratitude post last night was not humble -- in fact, it was filled with hubris, the exact opposite of humility and gratitude. He wasn't as blunt as that, but he was right. And I am grateful for the much-needed slap upside the head. There is compassion, and then there is idiot compassion. Sometimes true compassion is speaking hard truths, and I am grateful that he exercised some true compassion.

What are you grateful for?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill,

Thank-you! for being grateful for my friendship.
That means a lot to me. I imagine that you feel supported by my respect for your emotional courage in the face of your pain and by my thinking you are a "walking encyclopedia" of many many things.

william harryman said...

You're welcome.

The support is nice, but mostly, you just have a big heart.

Peace.