Thursday, October 11, 2007

Gratitude 10/11/07


While I was at the IFS conference last weekend, I was in a session in which we did some inner work. During that session, my Controller and my Kid made an agreement to allow more play in my life. What is frustrating is how easily something like that can be derailed by the muck of daily life.

I haven't been feeling too grateful the last couple of days, but I am grateful to know that this is temporary -- this too shall pass.

It's far too easy to get bogged down in the rut of work and other obligations, and to let the best of intentions get swept aside. I don't want to let that happen, but it's hard to undo old patterns. So my plan is to ride out this adjustment and keep the goal in mind -- and to find simple ways to honor that agreement.

So, today I am grateful for the awareness that even hard stuff is transient.

What are you grateful for today?


No comments: