Friday, May 11, 2007

Quotes on Fear


I found these over at Personal Development with The Positivity Blog. Here are a few of my favorites -- I really like the Frank Herbert quote the best.

Fears are educated into us, and can, if we wish, be educated out.
Karl Augustus Menninger

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
Frank Herbert

Fear: False Evidence Appearing Real.
Unknown

Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.
Japanese Proverb

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
Helen Keller

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
Marcus Aurelius

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt

The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but, it is fear.
Gandhi

If you’d like to read more about fear and overcoming it have a look at 5 Life-Changing Keys to Overcoming Your Fear and How to Move Beyond Being a Self-Help Junkie for some practical pointers and advice.

No comments: