Thursday, June 01, 2006

Gratitude


[image source]

Today I am grateful for Dharmakirti College here in Tucson. Somehow, this place had managed to escape my awareness. The Tucson Shambhala Center is much more public. But then I have been lax in seeking out a sangha due to my work schedule. So it looks like Dzogchen is speaking to me, but there's no need to make a decision tonight.

I'm also grateful that I can get my cardio done in under 30 minutes. I really don't like cardio, but it's my intention to be more consistent in doing it.

Finally, I'm grateful that summer in Tucson only lasts 6 months, so only 5 1/2 more months to go. Oy! 105 degrees today, 107 on Sunday.

What are you grateful for?


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suppose there is a mountain. Also suppose that all of us, sooner or later, must climb it. Each of us seems to have a weakness which elongates the (evitable, already long) climbing of the mountain. My weakness is intellectualism: I'd like to study the available maps, thoroughly, before setting off. No, no, you all go ahead. I'll be along soon enough, but I need to be sure I'm taking the right path. Shambhala, Dzogchen, Vedanta, Vipassana ... ? Hmmm...

Kai in NYC

william harryman said...

Yeah, that's me. I'm thinking I'm just going to dive into the Dzogchen and see where it takes me. It feeds some Purple/Blue meme needs in me that Shambhala purposely tries to ignore.

Peace,
Bill